It’s January 1, 2013, a new year and I know all over the world people made resolutions. I won’t say that I made any resolutions, I simply started outlining early what I wanted to change and accomplish in 2013. I wanted to wait until it was officially 2013 to write and see if there was a big difference between how I felt in 2012 and 2013. You know like the day before your birthday and your birthday. When you are younger there is a big difference, the excitement level. As you get older, your birthday can become just another day. And, I guess the adverse is true for New Years. As I get older, it seems it is becoming more important. I wanted to get my priorities in order, and I haven’t spent as much time as I should with God so I met him at His house.
The thirteen things I've learned so far in 2013 are:
1. The thing standing between you and your success is YOU
2. No matter how old a man is his maturity is showcased by his ability to take responsibility.
3. Don’t walk away from the path before you simply because you feel like you’re not ready.
4. Take back control over your destiny.
5. Remember where your blessings come from.
6. Be the change you want to see in the world.
7. When you have favor you can do things that you couldn’t ordinarily.
8. Be honest.
9. Beauty fades, but class doesn’t.
10. Remember where God has brought you from.And keep moving forward.
11. Temptation is on time, but there is always a way out.
12. When you go looking for trouble you will always find it.
13. It's not only your time, but your turn.
Happy New Year and be blessed. Let this be a year of your destiny being fulfilled.